Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wishing Different - Dinner #16

     Sometimes circumstances come to our lives that we just didn’t bargain for.  Sometimes we want to say, “Ok, Lord, I don’t really want to be in THIS particular trial right now.  Can’t I move on to something different?”  Do I really have to be puking like this and feeling nausea 24/7???  Can’t I just go back to feeling normal, and yet still be pregnant?
      Tonight, the Lord reminded me of a passage in Psalm 31 that says, “But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand . . .” No matter what comes my way during this time in my life, I have to realize that it IS from the Lord, and He will carry me through! But in my humanity, I want out of the nausea, the dizziness, the emotions, the puking, and the fatigue!  Can’t I just be at the stage where I have a cute little ball for a tummy, and a pregnant-mommy glow on my face???  In Philippians 4:11, Paul declares, “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” REALLY? Even in THIS state?!  Even during the joys, and more often the discomforts, of the first trimester?!  The Bible says “YES!”, and it’s something I’m having to work on! SMILE!
     How does that familiar hymn go? “So, amid the conflict whether great or small, Do not be discouraged, God is over all . . .  Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God hath done! . . .” When we find ourselves fighting to stay content, it is important to thank the Lord for His blessings! How was I blessed this week?  I got to hear our Little Baby’s heartbeat for the very first time . . . I received the news that my progesterone level is now looking very good . . . I was able to keep food down when my husband’s grandparents took us out to eat this weekend . . . See!  I DO have great things to be thankful for!  And so do you, My Friend! Ephesians 5:20 “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
     In Psalm 19:14, David requests, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”  What are my thoughts and words like, these days?  Are they COMPLAINING or CONTENTED??  In Psalm 42:11, David asks himself, “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.”  It is GOD Who can make you smile again!  When things get tough and difficult, hope in HIM! 
     Is it easy? No!  But sometimes God chooses to place us in a particular situation or stage of our life, in order to purify and refine us as Christians. In the midst of all the trials that poor Job faced, he declared of the Lord, “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” (Job 23:10) Can’t we trust that God knows what He is doing with us? Shouldn’t it be OUR desire to “come forth as gold”? We may think that we have it so much worse than somebody else that we know, but EVERYONE has their own burdens that they carry and their own trials that they face.  No Christian is without them.  No matter what you may be going through, II Corinthians 4:17 reminds us, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”  It will not last forever, and it will be worth it in the end, if we allow the Lord to do His perfect work in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment