Thursday, September 29, 2011

Strength With A Song - Dinner #12

     Dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, working . . . Then you throw in there a birthday party, a sick child, a special church meeting, or a training session!  Do the daily activities in a week ever just WEAR YOU OUT?!  I was reminded this week of the verse in Psalm 84 that states, “They go from strength to strength . . .” Sometimes, you really have to let God grant you strength as you take life ONE DAY, ONE HOUR, or even ONE MOMENT at a time. 
     If you are feeling tired and weak, complaining about it further will not help the situation.  The Bible tells us that, “ . . . the joy of the LORD is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10) Count your blessings in Christ, and you may find that joy is a strengthening circle!  When you praise Him, you discover strength in Him, and then finding strength in God also BRINGS joy in God!  Psalm 28:7 declares, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” Soon you will find yourself praising Him once more, for the joy He has given you!
     Do you know what?  It is a BLESSED thing to be so weak that you need God to be your strength! Psalm 84:5 declares, “Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee . . .”  The times when your Heavenly Father helps you to be strong, are blessed times when He becomes more real to you!  Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song . . .”  Those times when you need strength from God, are also faith moments that you can share with your little ones, to help build their own faith in Him.  Psalm 78 speaks of, “ . . . shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done . . .That they might set their hope in God . . .”
     When you have no strength of your own to draw from, God is there!  Psalm 18:32 “It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.” When the mountain ahead of you is high, and you feel you can’t go on much longer, God is there!  Isaiah 40:29 “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” The Lord desires some moments of weakness on our part, because it is when we rely upon Him that He receives the honor and the glory.  Psalm 71:16 “I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.”
     Today, if you are facing little or no strength, allow your Heavenly Father to be that strength FOR YOU!  As the famous children’s song says, “They are weak, but He is strong!” Don’t “burn out”, rather, allow your strength to be renewed over and over again, every time you need it! Isaiah 40:31 informs us, “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” No matter what you face this week, may you find your joy and strength in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment