Thursday, September 29, 2011

In The Captain's Hands - Dinner #5

     We saw in Dinner #3 how we need to be “fit for war”.  At the same time, however, there are some battles better left ENTIRELY in the Captain’s hands.  Times when we need to step back and just watch God take over!  Exodus 14:14 “The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.”  There are situations in which God wants to fight FOR us, and have us remain at rest. 
     Perhaps you are facing troubles at work with a fellow employee.  Psalm 56:11 says, “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.”  God’s desire may be to step in and take care of it all without you having to do or say anything.  He may choose to move a conflicting coworker to another state or have them transferred to a different department!  Proverbs 21:1 reminds us that, “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.” 
     Not all difficulties are job-oriented, either.  There are times in our marriages when a situation would be much better dealt with if, instead of arguing with our spouse or nagging, we took it to the Lord and left it there.  Do you need grace for your heart, so that you might wait on the Lord’s timing in a marital conflict?  Psalm 138:3 declares, “In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.”  Our homes are so very dear, and there is a real need for tranquility within them.  Psalm 147:14 tells us, “He maketh peace in thy borders. . .”  It is GOD Who brings serenity to our dwelling places.
     In the book of Ruth, Naomi tells her daughter-in-law, “Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall . . .”   Sometimes God whispers this very same thing to our hearts when we are in the middle of a difficult time.  It is as though He is saying “Just rest in Me, Dear Child, and see what happens.  WAIT and WATCH, and I will fight for you.” 
     In II Chronicles 20:17, God’s message to the king was, “Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you . . .”  In verse 30, we then see that, “. . . the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.”
     What problems are you facing right now?  Do you need to fight your way through them with the Lord by your side, or is God trying to whisper to your heart, “Leave this battle ENTIRELY in the Captain’s hands” ?  Proverbs 16:20 “He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.”  When you heed God’s voice during a trial that He wants you to leave to Him, you will surely be able to say with the Psalmist, “He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me . . .” (Psalm 55:18) 
     In this fight, this battle, have I asked God what He wants me to do?  Would He have me to rest in Him, while He fights FOR me?  Ecclesiastes 3:7 declares that there is “. . . a time to keep silence, and a time to speak.”  Should I remain silent in this situation and let God work?  No matter what I may be dealing with, I can rest assured that, “The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me . . .” (Psalm 138:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment