Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grateful Wives - Dinner #17

     Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away, and I just want to share with you ladies that my husband, Brandon, is such a blessing to me!  Battling the ups and downs of all-day “morning sickness”, there have been many days when it has been quite a challenge for me to get any housework done at all.  But my sweet husband has been WONDERFUL! Dishes, grocery shopping, laundry . . . He has helped me so many times! And when he’s home, he’s always right there to rub my back as I’m violently vomiting in the bathroom, too. SMILE!  But you know? These weren’t things I would have been thankful for in him, just two months ago!  Our lives are always changing, and it is important to find, day by day, those NEW things to be thankful for in our husbands!
     This holiday season, many of my friends and I find ourselves in a category that is commonly referred to as “the newlyweds”. SMILE!  We aren’t dating anymore, or engaged – We’re married! And this year, as we “count our blessings”, we’re ever so grateful to the Lord for our HUSBANDS!!!  I know that I surely am!  But no matter how long or how short a time you’ve been married, perhaps you sometimes find it easier to spot your husband’s FAULTS than his VIRTUES.  Perhaps he has some really bad habits that just drive you crazy.  When it all boils down to it, do those “faults” and “flaws” that you see, really matter very much? He may leave his dirty clothes on the floor, but aren’t there FAR MORE IMPORTANT things in life?  Isn’t it better that he be a GOOD and GODLY man? Here are some things to consider:

* Is your husband hardworking and diligent at his job?  Proverbs 10:4 “He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.”
* Does he willingly offer a helping hand to others in need?  Proverbs 3:27 “Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.”
* Does he avoid crude and profane language?  Proverbs 15:4 “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.”
* Is he a man who is known for his honesty and integrity?  Proverbs 12:19 “The lip of truth shall be established forever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.”
* Is he a wise man who stays faithful and true to you?  Proverbs 6:32 “But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.” 
* Is he a loving and sacrificial husband?  Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.”

And the list of godly character traits goes on an on . . . You can search long and hard for a verse on husbands keeping their side of the room clean, but I sincerely doubt you’ll find one!  We need to be thankful for the GODLINESS of our husbands!     
    
     Having been a wife for 5 months now, I may not be eligible to write a book on marriage yet, but I DO know that it blesses the heart of your husband if you LET HIM KNOW that you are grateful for him!  This Thanksgiving, I want to challenge you to let YOUR Honey know how very much he truly means to you!  God bless!  And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment