Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Else Do You Need? - Dinner #24

     Time and time again in these past few months, we’ve seen God miraculously provide the items a new baby will require.  Just this week, my loving in-laws sent a used changing table our way that was exactly the size we needed!  The Lord had literally plopped it right in their laps, and then even provided a way for it to travel down to TN to a “nesting” mama! SMILE!  Now that the baby showers are over, it is such a sweet blessing when someone asks me the question, “What else do you still need?”  Did you know that God wishes to ask you the very same question?  WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? 
     In Psalm 81:10, the Lord declares, “ . . . open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.” Through the years, I’ve heard different pastors say, “Specific prayers get specific answers.”  Make your needs known to God!  Matthew 7:7 says, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”  Do you know that God truly WANTS to bless you?!  And He PROMISES to take care of you!  Philippians 4:19 - “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  In Joshua 23:14, Joshua reminds the people that, “ . . . not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.”  And what has God promised concerning YOU?  “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” 
     This time last year, my husband and I were praying and wondering about how we would get the furnishings for our new home.  I wanted to be willing to live with anything, but deep down inside I was fearful of ending up with a couch donated to Goodwill that was secretly infested with fleas or spider eggs! LOL!  I wanted to be a grateful and understanding fiancé, but, on the other hand, I was a WOMAN! SMILE!  To keep my attitude right, I had poured out my heart to the Lord about it, on more than one occasion.  I did not know all of the details, but He already had a plan in place – a perfect plan!  Matthew 7:10 tells us, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?”  Do you know that God understands even the WISHES of your heart?  Almost every major piece of furniture in our house today was given to us by loving people – for FREE!  It is previously-used furniture, but it’s CLEAN and it’s BEAUTIFUL, and I LOVE IT!  SMILE!  So often, the Lord wants to go above and beyond our NEEDS, to grant us even the simple DESIRES of our heart – because He is our Heavenly Father, and He LOVES us!  Psalm 37:4 - “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
     As Easter Season approaches, I have been reminded of the familiar praise chorus, “Oh How He Loves You And Me”.  Part of that song reads, “He gave His life, what more could He give?”  Jesus already gave us the most precious gift of all – He gave His own life for us!  But despite that – despite that wondrous gift He has already given the world – He tells each one of His children: “ . . . open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.”  What a loving Savior we have!  The perfect Son of God died on the cross for OUR sins – for the wrongs that WE do - and yet He daily DESIRES to ask us, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment