Thursday, February 8, 2018

February 9 - Book Excerpt

“Viewing those eight years from this far side, I marvel at the wisdom and love of our God, Who controls the curtains of the stage on which the drama of our lives is played;  His hand draws aside the curtains of events only far enough for us to view one sequence at a time. 

Had those eight years been revealed to me in one panoramic view that misty gray January morning in 1938, would I have had the courage to board the ship? I wonder.
   
Through the intervening years, tempestuous winds of gale force have buffeted me.  Waves of tidal proportions have threatened to carry me under or dash me upon the rocks.  But knowing now what I did not know those many years ago, with C. H. Spurgeon, I can thank my God for every storm that has wrecked me upon the Rock, Christ Jesus!”


- Excerpt From Evidence Not Seen, The Autobiography of Darlene Deibler Rose (WWII Missionary POW in Indonesia) 

No comments:

Post a Comment