Tuesday, February 13, 2018

February 13 - Hymn Thoughts

As a teenager, imagining my future on the mission field, I purchased a hymnal for myself.  It is still one of my “devotion time” treasures.  There are hymns woven into my journal and woven into the booklet I just finished writing . . . I often play a CD of instrumental hymns, on the days when the tears threaten to flow . . . These are the songs of our faith!  They come from words of Scripture.  They come from the hearts of those acquainted with life and love, joy and sorrow, triumph and defeat.  May we read them, and sing them, and teach them to our children.  The Bible says, “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Ps. 34:1)


Trusting Jesus
Edgar P. Stites

Simply trusting evry day,
Trusting thro a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whateer befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.







No comments:

Post a Comment