Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Story Behind The Blog


The Story Behind The Blog

     In 2008, my future husband was still in college, and I had graduated and returned to my home state of Georgia to teach in our Christian school.  During that first year of teaching, I required an emergency appendectomy, and it was at that time the doctors discovered that I had a condition that might make it very difficult to have children.  Despite what the doctors had told me, however, God answered our prayers!  Just four months after Brandon and I were married, we learned we were expecting our oldest, Brooklyn.  You see, God is truly the Giver of Life. 
     Over the next several years, the Lord decided to prove that He can do whatever He desires to do, and He blessed our home with Jacqueline, with Cheyenne, and with Charlotte.
     Not far into my journey of motherhood, I began to learn the importance of “redeeming the time” – doing two things at once – being diligent in my hours as a “keeper at home” – not wasting the gift of life that God had given me.  I realized how vital it was to feed my own spirit throughout the day; to fill my mind with godly, encouraging things. 
     As a Mother of little “stair steps”, it was definitely a challenge to find any moments alone.  But one of the fairly quiet segments of my day was while dinner was cooking in the oven.  I found that I could usually flip through a magazine, read a chapter of Scripture, or skim a blog article, before a pot needed stirring, or a baby needed changing . . . Thus the idea for “Dinner’s In The Oven” was born - short devotionals for women to read in the midst of the busyness of life.  
     I pray that if you have been a faithful reader through the years, that this blog has been a blessing to you!  I pray that if you’re discovering it for the first time, you will find a bit of encouragement to “keep on climbing” for the Lord Jesus Christ.  We are “in this” together, Dear Ladies!  As the Scriptures say, may we “bear one another’s burdens” (Gal. 6:2), and may we “exhort one another daily, while it is called To day” (Heb. 3:13).  The “Dinner’s In The Oven” blog posts seek to do just that.  God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment