Friday, March 9, 2018

A Channel Of His Love - Dinner #83


I am used to saying “goodbyes”.  I grew up in a military household, and have lived in several different states during my life.  But this huge lump I feel in my throat when the tears threaten – that is something new to me . . . There are times on this deputation journey when it is truly hard to say “goodbye”.  When God is at work in a congregation – when people’s hearts are tender – without a doubt, God can knit those hearts together in a truly beautiful, wonderful way. 

I John 4:11 “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.”

I have met so many dear Sisters in Christ, over the past few months!  I have felt God’s love poured out through the kindness of His people in a way I never could have imagined.  Ladies who have taken a genuine interest in me and in my family.  Ladies who have shared laughter and godly fellowship.  Women who have prepared lodgings, worked nursery, and cooked meals.  Fellow “Miscarriage Mamas” who have shared with me their own stories and have encouraged me regarding my book.  Sisters in Christ who have told me sincerely that they are praying for us and will continue to do so.  There are times in these meetings when my heart just overflows. 

Romans chapter 12 shows us that a people who fully give themselves to the Lord, can then genuinely give themselves to others.

Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

Romans 12:9, 10 “Let love be without dissimulation . . . Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love . . . ” Not hypocrisy, but true, genuine Christian love!

Romans 12:11, 13, 15-16 “. . . fervent in spirit; serving the Lord . . . Distributing to the necessity of the saints; given to hospitality . . . Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.  Be of the same mind one toward another . . .”

God has comforted me, and I will seek to comfort you.  God has blessed me with food and I will share my table with you.  God has provided me a home and I will give you a place to sleep for the night. 

The Bible tells us in Galatians 5:22, 23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance . . .  It is truly a beautiful thing when you see such fruit lived out in the lives of fellow believers!

I Corinthians 13:13 “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”

The greatest of these . . . The very best.  “Charity” is LOVE – and oh how wonderful such Christian love is! We are a part of the family of God!

This journey of deputation has challenged me!   Am I being a channel of Christ’s love today?  Do I selflessly put the encouragement of others above my own needs and desires? Am I allowing God to lead me to the hurting, the weary, and the travel-worn? What an honor and a privilege to be used of God in such a way! 

John 15:9 “As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.”


No comments:

Post a Comment