Friday, March 2, 2018

PUBLISHING PEACE


Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, 
just and right is he.”
Deuteronomy 32:3-4

     What a privilege it is to speak about our wonderful Savior – to “publish” His Name and His greatness, to those around us!  This “publishing” His Name to others may be in the words we say, or the things we do . . . or even in the books we type. 
     Some of my earliest recollections of writing were little stories involving pirates, a lobster, a cat, and something about a museum.  SMILE!  I was only 6-years-old, and from the moment I started, I LOVED it!  At the age of 9, I had a Grandmother-in-Christ pen pal.  She is now in her 90s, and, more than two decades later, we still correspond with one another.  In my high school years, I was furiously penning historical fiction, and poems, and missions material.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that my first real “work” would come from deep sorrow.  But God’s thoughts are not our thoughts (Is. 55:8) – His plans are ever so much higher than our own. 
     In December of 2016, we miscarried our little boy, Joshua.  One year later, we miscarried again.  During the months that followed each sorrow, God was preparing me to WRITE.  The Lord continued to bring grieving mothers across my path, and my burden grew.  There was a NEED – a real NEED – for women to find HOPE and PEACE, after their babies left for Heaven.  Such comfort could only be found in the Savior! How my heart desired to lead these hurting ladies to Him!
     In January of 2018, I began writing a booklet entitled A Letter In Your Loss.  It was typed with tears, edited with tissues, and published with much prayer.  This work shares our personal stories of miscarriage while offering consolation through verses of Scripture, portions of hymns, and words of heartfelt encouragement.  I pray it might bring comfort to ladies walking through a similar sorrow.  
     You can now find A Letter In Your Loss in both printed and eBook form on Amazon! Whether you are reading it yourself, or taking a copy to the bedside of a friend, may you cling to the promise of God’s Word: “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart . . .” (Ps. 34:18)  My Heavenly Father is truly “the God of all comfort” (II Cor. 1:3), even in the deepest of sorrows.  He will walk alongside you, as no one in all the world can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment