Friday, March 9, 2012

Biblical Memories - Dinner #51

     My husband is my precious soul-mate, and I savor each special memory with him, like a woman savors a piece of melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate!  This month, I picked up something so contagious that I couldn’t even kiss him, for nearly a week . . . The illness was pretty miserable stuff, but what was so SWEET to me, was seeing how much our love grew for each other, even without those physical expressions of love.  Brandon took care of me . . . He woke up to feed the baby her breakfast, in the mornings . . . He wrote me a tender love letter . . . He bought me lovely flowers and remembered my favorite color roses. . . He took me to the mall for my birthday, and showed me each item I wanted to look at, one by one, because I couldn’t touch anything . . . He made me fall in love with him all over again!!
     You know, there should be absolutely nothing better than making memories with your soul-mate . . . unless it’s making memories with your Savior!  I must say, I haven’t made as many “life changing” memories with God, in recent months, as I did at one time in my life.  I think it’s somehow easier in the teenage and college years, to spend quality time with God, than when you have the busy "every-days" with a family of your own.  But, even when we become wives and mothers, our Lord says, “I still want your heart!”  God wants to make memories with each one of us! He wants to show us PERSONAL things from His Word, and speak to our hearts through its pages! 
     I remember the Lord calling me to the mission field, as I was reading my Bible, on my bed, in high school.  Luke 14:23 “And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.”  I remember God giving my heart a verse to make me smile through a particularly difficult semester in college.  Psalm 118:17 “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.”  He used the book of Ruth to reassure my heart that He had just the right man out there for me to marry.  God gave me Psalm 34:9+10 when Brandon and I were newlyweds, wondering how we were going to live off our limited finances. “ . . . for there is no want to them that fear him . . . but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.”  Those are all precious memories to me!  I can look through my Bible and see the dates written off to the side!  I can see the underlined words, and recall how my heart found sweet peace when the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to its message.  Psalm 77:11,12 declares, “I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.  I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.”    God WANTS us to hold onto those sacred times we’ve had with Him! 
    Biblical memories are priceless.  They SHOULD be remembered and held dear!  But God’s mercies and His compassions are “new every morning” (Lamentations 3:22-23)! Our Lord and Savior wants to ever be our “first love” (Revelation 2:4).  I share this with you, as I ask Him to speak to my OWN heart!  May we be able to say with the Psalmist David, “O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day . . . Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalm 119:97+105) How we need to spend more time with God, in His Word and in prayer!   Psalm 55:17 “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.”  Have you spoken with Him lately? He is right there, ready to listen! His Words are right there, ready to speak to your heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment