Monday, April 2, 2018

Special To God - Dinner #85


The world speaks to us often of “self-esteem”.  The Bible, however, tells Christians to “esteem other better than themselves” (Philippians 2:3) and “not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think . . .” (Rom. 12:3).  I, Kristen Kelley, am nothing but a sinner, and all my “righteousnesses are as filthy rags” (Is. 64:6). I have no worth in and of myself – no goodness of my own – but I was bought with a price: the precious blood of the Lamb of God!  Therefore, I am WORTH something to the Lord!  My self-worth is found in my Savior!

Colossians 2:14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.”

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

We are special because we are special TO HIM!

What makes you unique? Freckles, fingerprints, facial structure . . . Your talents and abilities . . . Your past . . . Your heart – who you care about and love . . .

God made no mistakes when He gave you life.  Psalm 139:14 “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” The texture of your hair, the color of your eyes, your ability or inability to see, to hear, to speak, to walk . . . every detail was chosen by Him.  He had a purpose and a plan for each and every one of us, right from the very start. 

I’ve seen so many young ladies who have tried to “stand out” and to “make a statement” in this world.  Others so depressed by their appearance that they have sought to significantly alter it.  The world can be cruel and unaccepting - our Savior understands that fact.  He endured bitter mockery and even death at the hands of jealous, angry men.  He was not a man who stood out as being “handsome” by the world’s standards (Is. 53:2), and yet He was the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.  You may feel as though you are invisible, but you, My Dear, are God’s princess. 

You are SIGNIFICANT.  Out of the billions of people in this world, God cares about YOU.  He formed you and gave you life! He saved your soul!  The Creator of the entire universe knows YOU by name! You are God’s child!

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand . . .” (Ps. 139:17-18)

Yes, man DOES look at the external, and they often judge harshly by it.  This focus on appearance is evident all around us – plastic surgery advertisements, revealing clothing, expensive make-up brands, quick-fix weight-loss programs, etc.  But when God looks at you, He sees your HEART (I Sam. 16:7).  He knows every single thing that affects the exterior that others might judge you by – the blemishes, the scars, and the pounds in “undesired places” . . . And He sees you as BEAUTIFUL.  Because, you, Sweet Sister in Christ, are HIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment