Thursday, November 30, 2017

Talking & Listening - Dinner #79


- A Few Thoughts For The Holidays -


     My girls and I just returned from spending two weeks, in Georgia, with my family.  We usually only get to see them once or twice a year, so every visit is special.  This one was no exception!  I always LOVE watching my parents and my sisters getting to interact with my Little Ones! This year, we combined the joys of Thanksgiving and Christmas, together, and had a very memorable time. For me, personally, one of the most amazing things about the trip, was just getting to “catch up” with my sisters – in person!  They both have long-hour jobs, and if you’re a mom, you know what trying to have a phone call with me can be like! LOL! This was SO much better than the “Oh! I’ve gotta go! Charlotte just knocked over the Christmas tree!” routine. SMILE!  It was some of the real heart-to-heart stuff.

     As I thought about how wonderful the “real heart-to-hearts” can be, I began to think about how it is very much the same with God! You can read pieces of information concerning Him; can skim His Word much like reading text messages; but it is not the same as spending time in His Presence. Talking to God – Listening to God.

Psalm 55:17 declares, “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.”

Psalm 1:2 “But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.”

David wanted to spend ALL DAY with God! And God DESIRES to be close to us – sinners though we be . . . He is our Creator, and if we are saved, then we are His children, as well! We are part of God’s family!

Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

God wants to spend quality time with US! Just like sitting down to that wonderful Thanksgiving or Christmas Day meal, where you talk, and laugh, and cry - He wants to DINE with us! Perhaps, as you’re reading this, you’re realizing that you haven’t really just sat down and DINED with the Savior, in quite some time . . . And perhaps it feels like you may never be near to God again . . . But have you ever gone a long stretch away from a family member or a good friend, and noticed how much CLOSER your heart feels to them, even after just a quiet get-together over a cup of hot tea? You may have spent far too long away from the Presence of God, but that can be remedied, Dear Friend!

James 4:8 says, “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you . . .”

If you make even one small heart-step towards the Father, He is always right there to meet you.

Psalm 16:11 “ . . . in thy presence is fullness of joy . . .” 

It is GOOD to spend time with family and friends – especially over the holidays! But “FULNESS OF JOY”? That only comes from spending time with GOD! November and December fly by, Ladies . . . the presents, the lights, the meal preparations and the gift buying . . . May we all take the time to listen to God and to talk with Him – to dine with our Savior in blessed fellowship, once more.




No comments:

Post a Comment