Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lonely Ladies - Dinner #46

     It is often lonely when you first get married, but sometimes it can get quite lonely, being a stay-at-home mother, as well.  Sometimes it can feel lonely even when you are finally able to get together with other moms! When I married my husband, I left a church I’d been a member of for 11 years.  I’d taught in their Christian school, worked in their nursery, sung in their choir, and knew just about everybody by name.  I left my closest girl friend and my family, behind.  As a military daughter, I already realized what it was like to have to “pick up and move”, but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy.  This past weekend, when I attended a Sunday School fellowship at the church we attend now, I cried my eyes out when I got home! Why? Because even in a crowd, a person can feel like they just don’t belong! It was during this recent “Lonely Me”, that the Lord reached down and whispered to my heart, “People don’t need to know who YOU are – People need to know Who your Jesus is!” . . . When we are lonely, God wants us to draw comfort from His loving throne, so that we might continue to be a good witness for Him!  Do you know that Jesus will always lovingly come to you and speak to your heart when you’re in need of Him? John 14:18 promises, “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” HE knows exactly what you need!
     There are so very many lonely ladies in this world, but to each and every one, the Lord Jesus reminds us, “ . . . for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” (Hebrews 13:5)  Depression is a very real thing.  Sorrow and grief are very real things.  The Psalmist tells us that even those who “walk through the valley of the shadow of death” can find their comfort in God (Psalm 23:4). No matter your circumstances, God is there!  Deuteronomy 31:8 “And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.”  God WILL NOT FAIL YOU!  The Bible promises that even “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.” (Psalm 27:10) No matter who is against you, God is with you! No matter who has left you, God is still right by your side!  Psalm 139:8-10 “If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.”
     Do you know that Jesus understands our lonely times? Jesus Christ left His home in Heaven to come to earth – He left God the Father, the angels, the redeemed saints of old . . . Then when He was born, He was a “nobody”; a tiny infant lying in a manger . . . For much of His ministry, no one knew Who He truly was . . . He is described in Scripture as a man Who was “despised and rejected of men” (Isaiah 53:3).  Our loving Savior KNOWS what it means to be lonely! We may lose a spouse or a friend, we may lose a home or a church, but what a joy to know that we have a Comforter “acquainted with grief”, Who has already “borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows” for us (Isaiah 54:3-4)!
     As Christian women, saved and on our way to heaven, we may battle loneliness, time and time again.  But when we think we have no friends, when we think we have no one else in this world who cares or understands, we have a Heavenly Father Who loves us!  Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Not “present” loneliness or lonely times still “to come” – NOTHING “shall be able to separate us from the love of God”!

No comments:

Post a Comment